I don’t know if I’m the only person who doesn’t always feel like eating when they’re on their own. But as far as a healthy diet goes, we all have to eat regularly, so one day for lunch I decided to make this quick & easy healthy yummy dish to cheer me up 🙂 It’s a variation on Mac & Cheese but with a healthy twist.
Quark is a type of cheese which is virtually fat-free, so a very good substitute to cut down on calories and saturated fat. You could get the plain one and make your own pesto and add it or just buy the one with pesto already in it.
Serves 1 (you could multiply the ingredients by the number of people)
- 50g macaroni pasta (or any other pasta you like)
- 150g frozen peas
- 30g (1 tbsp) quark cheese with pesto
- salt & pepper
- ground red pepper (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer’s instructions (I cooked mine in seasoned boiling water for 7 minutes, then drained the pasta saving a little bit of the water).
- Meanwhile, cook the frozen peas in boiling water for 5 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Mix the pasta and the peas in the pan, adding and stirring the cheese. Season. Add a 1-2 tbsp pasta water to loosen the sauce. Season and serve with a smile!